When we feel physically unwell, most of us visit the doctor. But many of even when we feel we are in the wrong frame of mind, have bad moods, feel sick of ourselves,etc. we simply get on with life, not really being aware of the effects our behaviour and thoughts might be having on our general sense of wellbeing.
With that in mind, here are six steps aimed at keeping you in top psychological condition. These are the areas that are important for building self-confidence and living a life that is not thwarted by anxiety or low moods. Where to focus your efforts and to seek help if that doesn't work.
1. Work on accepting your situation: Accept what you don't like in your life. That doesn't mean you can't try to change it, but acceptance helps everything feel far more bearable as you work towards a happier situation.
2. Be nice to yourself: Every human deserves the same kindness, love and understanding, even you.
3. Make the effort to stay fit: There exists a definite link between mind and body. Your ability to cope with life is improved by a nutritious diet and a regular exercise programme.
4. Connect with others: Lonely people are at greater risk for immune and cardiovascular system disorders, and sleep is often more of a problem for people affected by loneliness. Making connections with new people as well as tending to family ties is extremely important.
5. Take time out for yourself: Work out what truly interests you and make sure it is a genuine decision, not one forced by anyone else's desires or limitations.
6. Stay organised so you have to worry less.